Leuprolide Acetate Depot 11.25mg Injection
What is Acetate Depot 11.25mg?
Acetate Depot 11.25mg or Leuprolide Depot 11.25 is a
synthetic hormone that regulates the certain process in males for the treatment
of prostate cancer. In women, it effectively treats the symptoms of
endometriosis or uterine fibroids. Moreover, it is also used for preventing
early puberty in children, be it a boy or a girl.
Active Ingredient: Leuprolide Acetate 11.25mg
Prescription required: Yes
What is Acetate Depot 11.25mg Injection used for?
- The former use of Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg is for the treatment of prostate cancer in males.
- When used regularly in women, it stops the menstrual period or makes women experience light bleeding only. They can expect menstrual periods to begin after 3 months of stopping the treatment with Acetate Depot 11.25mg Injection.
- Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg effectively prevents central precocious puberty, also known as early puberty, in children.
How does Leuprolide 11.25mg work?
Leuprolide is the key component of this medicine that makes
Acetate Depot 11.25mg injection as a Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Medicine –
GnRH. For prostate cancer, its working is based on the production of
testosterone in the male body. For more details on its working, ask your
How to use Acetate Depot 11.25mg Injection?
· Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg is injected under the skin by medical practitioners only.
· This injection is commonly given on the soft tissues of the abdomen, upper buttocks, or any other body parts with softer tissues.
Only your doctor can share the exact duration for which you should use Acetate Depot 11.25mg. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Side Effects of Acetate Depot 11.25mg
The following are the side effects of Acetate Depot 11.25mg
that may appear in a mild form. They rarely appear in severe nature, but if
they do, please seek immediate medical attention.
· Night sweats
· Testicle pain
· Memory problems
· Stinging on the injected site
· Joint pain
· Muscular pain
· Sleep troubles
· Mood Swings
· Suicidal thoughts
· Excessive Vaginal Bleeding or Discomfort
· Excessive Sweating
· Breast changes
· Burning sensations
· Itching sensations
· Skin rashes
· Decreased Libido
- Other medications or their active ingredients may show conflicting reactions with Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg injection. Hence, it is recommended to discuss your prescription and non-prescription medicines before using this drug.
- Be it any over-the-counter medicine, herbal medicine, or other supplements, it should be discussed with the doctor.
Warnings & Precautions
- Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg is a prescription drug & should not be used without medical guidance.
- Dizziness is one of the most commonly reported side effects of Acetate Depot 11.25mg injection. Hence, it is advisable to not attempt any focus-demanding activities like driving, operating machinery; etc after this drug is injected.
- Limiting or restricting alcoholic beverages as well as smoking will keep you away from the severe side effects that may occur otherwise.
- Patients with a family history of osteoporosis and broken bones and patients suffering from critical health problems like high cholesterol, diabetes, heart, kidney, liver, etc should disclose it to the doctor before they use Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg.
- Discussing your allergies, medical history, surgeries, ongoing medicines, etc will help your doctor know your health conditions better. It will help them decide if you are ready for Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg injection or not.
- Seek immediate medical help if your side effects are only getting worse.
· The ideal temperature for storing Acetate Depot 11.25mg Injection is 2 – 8 Degrees Celsius. But, if this injection is out of the refrigerator once, store it in the normal room temperate at 15 – 25 Degrees Celsius.
· Keep it out of reach of children.
· Don’t flush or dispose of this medicine in the toilet until guided to do so.
· Avoid using this medicine after the expiry date.
1. What is the maximum duration for using Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg?
For endometriosis, the minimum trial period is 3 months. However, this duration may differ based on the medical health & history of the patient. Also, the usage of Leuprolide Depot 11.25mg decides its trial period. Consult your doctor for more details on this.
2. Is it safe to use during pregnancy?
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid using Acetate Depot 11.25mg injection. It may cause excessive bleeding problems during delivery time. It imposes potential negative impacts on the body and so it makes it difficult for you to conceive if you’re planning for it. So, discuss all this with your doctor first.