ABOUT SIFASI HP injection
- SIFASI HP belongs to a group of medicines called gonadotropins (sex hormones). In women, the release of ovaries from the ovaries and in men the production of the male hormone, testosterone.
- SIFASI HP contains the drug, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) (a protein hormone) that is extracted and purified from the urine of pregnant women. Gonadotropins play an important role in fertility and reproduction.
WHEN IS SIFASI HP PRESCRIBED?
- For women who have fertility problems, they can be used to support maturation and egg release (ovulation induction). SIFASI HP is also used to induce ovulation in assisted reproduction programs (IVF treatment) along with other fertility-promoting medicines.
- SIFASI HP is used in men to treat low sperm number.
- SIFASI HP is used either alone or in combination with other gonadotrophins (HMG, FSH).
- SIFASI HP is used in children to treat delayed puberty.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE USING SIFASI HP?
Do not use SIFASI HP:
- If you have a brain tumor
- If you have ovarian cysts) or polycystic ovarian syndrome
- If you are bleeding from the vagina and the cause of bleeding is unknown
- If you have diagnosed ovarian, uterine or breast cancer
- If you have or are suspected of having a hormone-dependent tumor, eg. prostate or breast cancer (male)
Warnings and precautions
Contact your doctor or nurse before using SIFASI HP , if you suffer from or have had a history of the following disease, which may be aggravated by using SIFASI HP :
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
SIFASI HP may cause false pregnancy test results within 10 days of administration.
- The use of SIFASI HP may lead to positive results in doping tests. The use of SIFASI HP as a doping substance leads to health risks.
- SIFASI HP should be used with caution in pre-pubertal boys to avoid disturbance of long bone growth or premature sexual development.
HOW IS SIFASI HP ADMINISTARED?
- SIFASI HP injection is applyed in the muscle or under the skin.
- The method and dosage of application depend on the gender, indication and the maturity of the patient. Your doctor will determine the right protocol for treating the specific case.
THE KNOWN ADVERSE REACTION?
- Nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting
- Mild to moderate degree of ovarian hyperstimulation (OHSS), breast swelling, testicular pain
- Hot flushes (observed only in men)
- Acne vulgaris
- Salt and water retention
- Depression, irritability, restlessness
- Hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions
- The formation of blood clots in the blood vessels
- Inflating the abdomen
- Rash, urticaria, itching
- Breast tenderness and pain
- Penile enlargement and erection and prostate growth were observed.