Leuprolide Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection
What is Acetate Depot 3.75mg?
Acetate Depot 3.75mg is an injection that is usually given
to men suffering from prostate cancer and women having uterus problems i.e.
Endometriosis, fibroids, etc. It is also given to children for preventing early
With Leuprolide as its major active ingredient, Acetate
Depot 3.75mg injection is a GnRH medicine. It works effectively via the
Active Ingredient: Leuprolide Acetate 3.75mg
Prescription required: Yes
What is Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection used for?
Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection is used for men, women as
well as children for different ailments as listed below:
· Prostate cancer treatment in men
· Leuprolide 3.75mg is used for treating uterus disorders in women like Endometriosis, fibroids, etc.
· It also relieves the symptoms of pelvic pain and heavy/painful menstruations.
· Abdominal bloating is soothed by this drug.
· Leuprolide is greatly effective in stopping early puberty or precocious puberty in children.
How does Leuprolide 3.75mg work?
For prostate cancer treatment, Acetate Depot 3.75mg or
Leuprolide 3.75mg injection works by slowing down or stopping cancer cell
production in males. However, its effectiveness relies on testosterone
production in the body.
Consult your doctor to know more regarding its working for other medical conditions.
How to use Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection?
- Leuprolide 3.75 mg is injected under the skin by medical professionals only. Do not inject this drug by yourself until guided to do so.
- Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection is usually given into the muscles. Your doctor may inject this drug once a month, depending on your health conditions.
In case if you forget to take Acetate Depot 3.75mg, please keep track so that you can visit your doctor on time.
Overdosing Acetate Depot 3.75mg can cause severe harmful effects on the health.
Side Effects of Acetate Depot 3.75mg
· Excessive Sweating
· Sweating at the night time
· Breast changes
· Joint pain
· Muscular pain
· Insomnia or other sleep disorders
· Vaginal dryness or discomfort
· Girls may experience abnormally bleeding vagina
· Burning sensations
· Mood Swings
· Suicidal thoughts
· Itching sensations
· Skin rashes
· Decreased Libido
- Make your doctor aware of your ongoing drugs or medications for better decision-making to prescribe Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection or not.
- It is highly recommended to not start, pause, or stop using Leuprolide based on self-decisions. Check with your medical practitioner first.
- All prescription & non-prescription medicines should be discussed with your doctor, especially if you’re using any herbal products.
Warnings & Precautions
- Please tell your doctor if you are allergic to Leuprolide or any other ingredient used in Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection. You might be prescribed an alternative drug if you discuss this at the beginning itself.
- Your doctor should know if you are already suffering from vaginal bleeding problems due to reasons yet unknown to you.
- Discuss your medical history, surgeries, current medicines under consumption, etc while Leuprolide Depot 3.75mg is being prescribed.
- High cholesterol, depression problems, kidney and liver issues, family history of osteoporosis and broken bones, etc are some critical health conditions that should be discussed with the doctor if you’re suffering from any. This helps them in deciding whether or not to prescribe this drug.
- Alcoholic beverages and grapefruit juice consumption should be limited or restricted for as long as you’re using Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection.
- Avoid smoking while using Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection.
- Ideally, Acetate Depot 3.75mg is stored at 2 – 8 Degrees Celsius.
- Once it is out of the refrigerator, keep Leuprolide 3.75mg stored at 25 Degrees Celsius or the normal room temperature.
- Don’t let it get into the reach of children.
- Avoid flushing Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection in the toilet or drain until you have been instructed to do so.
- Discard Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection if it expires or is not needed anymore.
How fast does Leuprolide injection 3.75 take to
- For women, the treatment duration of Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection depends on several factors like current medical conditions, response to Leuprolide, bone health, etc. The common improvement duration can be expected between 3 to 6 months of starting the treatment with Leuprolide.
- For children, the treatment is based on the weight and therapy response.
2. Can I use Acetate Depot 3.75mg Injection during pregnancy?
This drug is not for the use of pregnant as well as breastfeeding women. Talk to your doctor & discuss your current situations while this medicine is being prescribed.