Leuprolide Acetate Depot 22.50mg Injection
What is Acetate Depot 22.5mg?
Acetate Depot 22.5mg is an injection. It is also referred to
as Lupride 22.5mg Depot. It contains Leuprolide as its major active ingredient.
Leuprolide is a Gonadotropin-releasing hormone medication.
This drug is a recognized treatment for prostate cancer in
males. Additionally, it soothes medical conditions in the early puberty stages
among children. It has a profound use in treating the endometrium of the uterus
that grows excessively. Thanks to Acetate Depot, patients feel relief from the
pain, heavy & irregular periods.
Active Ingredient: Leuprolide 22.5mg
Prescription required: Yes
What is Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection used for?
There are two major uses of Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection:
- Advanced prostate cancer in adults
Precocious Puberty in children
Besides this, it is also used for treating:
Even if you know this drug’s uses, don’t attempt to use it
without having a prescription from the doctor. Taking this drug is ideal under
medical observation only.
How does Leuprolide 22.5mg work?
The effectiveness of Leuprolide 22.5mg depends on the
testosterone production made by the body. It helps in slowing down or stopping
the production of cancer cells. Additionally, it provides relief when the
patient undergoes painful urination or difficulty in ejaculating urine.
Please consult your doctor for more information on the
working of this medicine.
How to use Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection?
- Acetate Depot 22.5mg is only injected by the doctor or the nurse.
- This drug is injected under the skin and the common application areas include the abdomen, upper buttocks, or another body area with ample soft tissues.
Side Effects of Acetate Depot 22.5mg
· Visual disturbances
· Lowered libido
· Excessive sweating
· Muscular Weakness
· Hot flashes
· Weakened bones
· Bone mineral density reduction
· Body pain
· Skin rashes
· Mood swings
· Allergic reactions at the injected site
· Vaginal swelling, bleeding, or discharge
Seek immediate medical attention if you find these adverse effects getting worse.
Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection may react negatively with
some herbal medicines, drugs & supplements. It’s better if you discuss your
medical history, ongoing medicines, and allergies with your doctor to avoid
Warnings & Precautions
- Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection should only be used if it has been prescribed by the doctor.
- This drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy, breastfeeding, and among women who’re planning to get pregnant.
- Avoid using Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection if you’re allergic to Leuprolide, GnRH, and GnRH agonist medications.
- Tell your doctor if you have had a history of psychiatric problems, seizures, brain tumors, cardiovascular problems, or diabetes mellitus.
- Dizziness is one of the most common side effects of Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection. Hence, you should avoid driving or doing any attention-seeking activities to not meet accidents.
- Don’t get frightened if Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection causes menstrual periods to stop in women. It may take around 7 to 12 weeks for periods to reappear after the final injection. Seek medical help if you experience menstrual bleeding despite treatment.
- Men should use condoms without fail. Preventing pregnancy is very important while you’re undergoing treatment with Acetate Depot. Its impacts on the developing baby can be extremely harmful.
- You may be exposed to a greater risk of bone fractures when Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection is being used for the long term. This falls riskier for drinkers, smokers, and individuals with a family history of osteoporosis.
- Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection needs to be stored in a refrigerator at a temperature – 2 to 8 Degrees Celsius.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Note: Please don’t freeze it. Just refrigerate it as instructed.
1. What to do if I forget to take Acetate Depot 22.5mg Injection?
Please consult your doctor if you have missed or skipped using Acetate Depot 22.5mg.
2. What type of medication is Lupride Depot 22.5mg?
Lupride Depot 22.5mg belongs to the synthetic hormone analogue class of medications that is mostly used for treating hormone-based conditions in men and women.
3. Does Lupride Depot 22.5mg affect my bones?
Lupride Depot 22.5mg has potential effects on your bones. It also alters the reproductive hormones when dosed to women. Hence, it is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Don’t forget to tell your doctor if you’re pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding your child while this medication is being prescribed.