Erectile dysfunction is one of the most well-known sexual dysfunctions suffered by men across the world.
Up to 5% of men around the age of 40 have been reported to be suffering from complete erectile dysfunction. The number goes up to 15% for men who are around the age of 70 years.
About 50% of men around the age of 50 experience mild to moderate erectile dysfunction, while 60% of them go through similar conditions when they are around the age of 60 years.
But these numbers do not imply that all older men suffer from erectile dysfunction. Younger men also suffer from erectile dysfunction of various degrees.
Fun Fact: It is rumoured that King Louis XVI of France suffered from Erectile Dysfunction from the young age of 15 years.
It is a common misconception that erectile dysfunction is a result of old age, while in fact, erectile dysfunction is a by-product of various diseases that are more prevalent in our body as we age.
Often, when these diseases are treated, erectile dysfunction may also go away. Read more about the causes of Erectile Dysfunction
A brief History of Erectile Dysfunction Treatments (before Viagra!):
- Acupuncture (Insertion of thin needles in specific points of the body) was a popular treatment used to treat ED in ancient China and it is still being used with varying success.
- Around 2500 BC the Chinese used a potion made up of 22 ingredients as a standard cure for ED.
- It is also mentioned that this mysterious potion was the reason the Yellow Emperor (Huang‐Ti) could bed 1200 women!
- The Ancient Egyptians were amazingly creative in their remedies for Erectile Dysfunction. In the first place, they believed that ED was caused due to evil curses and spells!
- They used various ingredients to treat impotence like blue and white Lotus Flowers. This one is actually effective as these flowers contain apomorphine which can treat ED
- One of their remedies includes rubbing baby crocodiles' hearts on the penis! These Egyptians won't have made PETA happy!
- ED remedies mention in Samhita Sutra includes potions made with Sesame, Saindhava Salt, Sugar cane juice and butter.
- Other popular concoctions popular during the ancient times in India were made from interesting ingredients like testes of goats, jasmine oil, milk, and fish!
- Apparently, these potions and remedies could make a man "visit" 100 women!
The ancient Arabic people around these years prescribed remedies for treating ED which require to mix asafoetida and jasmine oil and keep it away for a few days. This mixture was to be applied to the penis right before intercourse.
- Around the years 300 BC, Greeks and Roman diet plans to cure ED included eating snakes and genitals of goats.
- Greeks also used a substance from the dried dead bodies of Spanish flies which was used as an aphrodisiac. It was often mixed into people's food and drink with the consumer's knowledge.
- Now we know that extracts of Spanish flies are poisonous and cause inflammation!
- Roman Emperor Tiberius's wife used to mix Spanish fly extracts into the food & drinks of her family members so she could blackmail them if they acted upon their sexual arousal!
Middle-Ages: 500 AD to 1500 AD
- Theologian Thomas Aquinas concluded that erectile dysfunction was caused by the demons.
- His theory was fanned and throughout the dark middle ages.
- People of this time believed that witches cast spells on the penises which resulted in impotence.
- Men were encouraged to track down the so-called witches and convince (with violence if needed) them to lift the spell.
- They also maintained that some witches vanished a man's penis entirely!
- During this period, almost everyone believed that the only fail-proof way to treat erectile dysfunction was a woman's touch.
- If a man was unable to have an erection after a woman touched his male organ, then he was termed as a hopeless case.
1700 AD- 1800 AD
- During this period, various balms and potions made from the various plant ingredients and animal parts that looked like sexual organs. Oysters, carrots, the rhinoceros horn, and many others.
- After the arrival of electricity, people also started experimenting with electric shocks to treat erectile dysfunction.
In the year 1873, the first successful surgical treatment for erectile dysfunction by an Italian doctor who blocked the veins that restricted the blood flow towards the penis.
- The early 19th century was a difficult time for men suffering from erectile dysfunction as in 1918, a Russian doctor came up with the weird notion to transplant testicle tissues of the monkey to human males.
- Building on this unreliable idea, a lot of people started implanting the genital organs of different animals like goats, boars, and even deer.
- Drinking the blood of deers was also a popular means of erectile dysfunction treatment. Eating the penises of deers was also though to help.
- In China, delicacies made from the penises of deers are popular even today!
During this glorious year, testosterone was identified. This discovery became the basis of many erectile dysfunction treatments of modern times.
- Doctors soon began to notice that animals had penile bones. This led to the birth of the idea of penile implants.
- Men had the bones or cartilages of animals into their penis.
- But as these implants were hard (Human penis isn't supposed to be hard all the time), they caused a great deal of pain.
- Also, these grafts were absorbed within a year.
- During this period, implants that could be pumped full of air. These types of implants are still used to treat erectile dysfunction.
- There is a vacuum penis pump approved by FDA as an erectile dysfunction treatment. These help you get erectile that lasts for up to 30 minutes.
- Accidents always helped the treatments of ED. By the end of the 19th century, a French surgeon accidentally injected the drug papaverine (Used to widen blood vessels) into a patient’s penis.
- The injection caused an instant erection. This lead to the popularity of intracavernosal injection as a treatment for ED.
- This was a very important year for the progress in the treatments of erectile dysfunctions.
- The people at Pfizer were researching Sildenafil Citrate as a possible treatment for high blood pressure, angina, and chest pain.
- But it had extremely frustrating results. The potential of Sildenafil Citrate lay elsewhere.
- They realized the true magic of this chemical from the answers of Welsh mine workers who reported that these drugs gave them erections.
- And thus the little blue pill of Viagra was introduced with the approval of the FDA in 1998 and we have come a long way in the treatment of erectile dysfunctions since then.
- Viagra was so popular and expensive for many years that many people made a business of selling counterfeit drugs.
- After the introduction of the Generic Viagra, the prices went by a huge margin and many places also offered Viagra Connect-an over the counter option of Viagra.
- You can now buy Generic Viagra at affordable rates from reliable online sources which guarantees assure delivery.
- Cialis (Tadalafil), distributed by Eli Lilly was approved by the FDA in 2003. As Cialis has a longer half-life than Viagra, people began to switch to Cialis.
- Soon other oral erectile dysfunction treatments came in the market. Currently, an average male gets a lot of options to choose from, unlike olden days.
- Apart from the brand versions, (which are expensive) each of these drugs has its generic versions that are widely available across the world.
- As we have already discussed above, there are plenty of options available in the market as oral erectile dysfunction treatment.
- The brands Viagra, Cialis, and Tadalafil were the biggest players in the market a few years ago. Men had no choice but to use these expensive pills for their health condition.
- Also, the fact that most insurance policies do not cover these medications often broke a patient's bank.
- During those times, for men suffering from erectile dysfunction, satisfactory sex life became a luxury that most of them could not afford.
- But as the patents of these brands expired, men are now offered more pocket-friendly options that are as effective in treating their conditions.
- The Generic versions contain the same active ingredient as the branded ones. The only differences you may come across are the shape, color, packaging and most importantly, the price of the medicines.
The Generic Viagra options we offer are:
All of these medicines contain the same active ingredient as Viagra: Sildenafil Citrate.
The Generic Cialis options we offer are:
These erectile dysfunction pills use the same active ingredient such as Cialis: Tadalafil
The Generic Levitra options we offer are:
- Super Vilitra
- Vilitra - Vilitra 10, Vilitra 20 and Vilitra 60 are popular dosages.
All the Generic Levitra pills contain the active component as Levitra: Tadalafil.
Which is the best oral pill to treat Erectile Dysfunction?
- The best erectile dysfunction pill for your condition can easily be determined with the help of your doctor. After taking in the severity (mild, moderate and complete) of your erectile dysfunction.
- After careful observation, your doctor will determine the correct pill and dosage for your condition.
- Between the following, each of the active ingredients come with its own perks and benefits.
- Sildenafil citrate (Generic Viagra) remains popular among people. It stays effective for about 4 hours and its onset time is around 30 minutes-60 minutes.
- Tadalafil (Generic Cialis) has earned wild fame as the weekend pill due to its long half-life of 17 to 20 hours.
- Vardenafil (Generic Levitra) has a longer half-life than Sildenafil citrate but some men don't find it effective.
- Again, it must be kept in mind that everyone's body reacts differently with different drugs. Something that works for someone else, may not work for you. Your lifestyle plays an active role in the effectiveness of medicines.
- Discuss it out with your doctor to choose the best pill that effectively works for you.
Where can you Buy Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Pills?
You can easily get erectile dysfunction pills from various hospital pharmacies if you have a prescription.
You can also buy these branded as well as Generic Erectile Dysfunction pills from your local pharmacies and chemist shop.
Due to the rising popularity of online shopping and the lack of time in our daily life, we are turning towards buying medicines online.
Many reputed and committed pharmacies offer excellent services. You can buy assured quality medicines from meds4care.com
We have an excellent reputation in delivering effective medications in record time, along with excellent rates.
How Does Erectile Dysfunction affect Men and their relationships?
- People often talk about the physical aspects of this condition, but little emphasis is laid on the emotional impact this condition makes on the men as well as their partners.
- When men are unable to have an erection or enjoy sex due to erectile dysfunction for a long time, it affects their self-image greatly.
- Most men start feeling inadequate. They are gripped by fear that their masculinity has been attacked. But due to the open environment offered during this century about the various treatments available, things have begun to change.
- Nowadays, it is much easier for a man to discuss erectile dysfunction with his doctor and get the necessary solution for a condition.
Apart from medications and surgery, what else can you do to treat Erectile Dysfunction?
Many times lifestyle changes can help a lot with erectile dysfunction treatment. In many cases, if a person has been suffering from mild erectile dysfunction, lifestyle changes can even reverse the condition permanently.
Along with erectile dysfunction treatment, we recommend that you make the following lifestyle changes:
Make Changes in Your Daily Diet
- If you regularly eat food which promotes heart diseases and diabetes, they will make your condition worse. Please replace excessive processed sugar and fatty foods from your diet with fruits and vegetables for higher nutrition.
- Having a healthy and well-balanced diet will increase your energy levels, give you a healthy body and also improve your erectile dysfunction condition.
- Most of today are slaves to our sedentary lifestyles. Very few of us get the exercise and movement that our bodies need.
- Exercise promotes the flow of blood throughout your entire body. This increased blood circulation promotes healthy sexual functions.
Give up Smoking
- According to research, smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by 30%.
- This figure goes as high as 60% if a person smokes about 20 cigarettes per day.
- Therefore, if you want to enjoy the pleasures of carnal intimacy, please quit or reduce smoking.
Deal with Stress Proactively
- Stress is more dangerous than most diseases. It harms our bodies and brains in multiple ways.
- Stress disturbs our emotional, mental and physical well-being. If you reduce stress in your life, it will have a direct positive effect on your sexual performance.
Deal with Relationship Issues
- Over time, the state of your relationship with your partner has a great impact on your sexual capabilities. If you are dealing with constant anger and issues in your relationship, your urge to enjoy physical intimacy will decrease over time.
- Talk to your partner, spice up your relationship or seek professional counselling to make your way to marital bliss.
- Men should also remember that women often see erectile dysfunction as a man's lack of interest in them. Women start doubting their own attractiveness and often blame themselves for what is not their fault but a medical condition.
- Open communication and trust between you and your partner will enhance your overall relationship.