ABOUT TENVIR EM?
-TENVIR EM as a combination of two active antiretroviral substances, tenofovir disoproxil, and emtricitabine, used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- TENVIR EM is used in the treatment of human-induced infection immunodeficiency 1 (HIV-1) in adults aged 18 years or older.
- TENVIR EM must always be combined with other drugs for the treatment of HIV infection.
- TENVIR EM will not cure HIV infection.
- TENVIR EM is not intended for use in children or adolescents younger than 18 years.
-Do not take TENVIR EM in the treatment of HIV infection or to reduce the risk of getting HIV infection, if you are allergic to emtricitabine, tenofovir, tenofovir You must be HIV negative before you start to take TENVIR EM to reduce the risk of getting HIV infection. This can beigns of HIV infection:
- Pain in the muscles or joints,
- A headache,
- Vomiting or diarrhea,
BEFORE STARTING THE THERAPY INFORM YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE:
â€¢ Kidney disorders
â€¢ Bone disease
â€¢ Llver disease, including hepatitis in your anamnesis
â€¢ Over 65 years of age.
YOU SHOULD INFORM YOU, THERAPIST, IF YOU ARE TAKING FOLLOWING DRUGS:
- Amphotericin B
- The NSAIDs, to relieve pain in the bones and muscles
- Ledipasvir /sofosbuvir for hepatitis C infections.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you woman in the reproductive period and you need to use an effective method of contraception to avoid pregnancy
Do not breastfeed during therapy
HOW IS TENVIR EM PRESCRIBED?
Adults: One tablet per day. Whenever possible, TENVIR EM should be taken with food. If you have a problem swallowing, you can use the top of the spoon to crush the tablet. Then mix the powder with about 100 mL of water, orange juice or grape juice.
If you have forgotten to take TENVIR EM:
- If you notice before it is 12 hours from the usual time, take a tablet immediately.
- If you notice after 12 or more hours from the time you normally take TENVIR EM, take the next dose, preferably at the usual time.
Discontinuation of TENVIR EM can increase the risk of getting an HIV infection.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea
- Vertigo, headache
- Rashes with, itching, skin color changes, red spots
- Feeling weak
- Pain, abdominal pain
- Sleeping problems,
- Problems with digestion
- Allergies reactions
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- Pain or weakness in muscles
- Kidney disorder