- -This active substance is antiretroviral or an antiviral drug used to treat HIV or HBV or both diseases.
- - TENVIR should always be used in combination with other drugs for the treatment of HIV infection.
- - Adolescents aged 12-18 who have already been treated with other drugs for HIV infection
- - In the treatment of chronic hepatitis B
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE TENVIR?
When taking TENVIR, take special care:
- Â· Problems with bones. In some adult HIV-positive patients
- It is possible to develop bone disease, known as osteonecrosis.
- Signs of osteonecrosis are stiffness of the joints, pain - especially in the hip, knee and shoulder.
- Â· If you have or have had liver disease, including hepatitis.
THE USE OF TENVIR IN PEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT POPULATION?
- HIV-1 positive adolescents aged 12-18 years, weighing at least 35 kg
- HBV positive adolescents aged 12-18 years, weighing at least 35 kg.
TENVIR 245 mg tablets can not be used in the following group of patients:
- Children infected with HIV-1 younger than 12 years old
- Children infected with HBV virus under the age of 12 years
The Use of other drugs:
It is very important to inform your doctor if you are taking another medicine :
- Aminoglycosides, pentamidine or vancomycin
- Amphotericin B
- Foscarnet, ganciclovir or cidofovir
How is TENVIR used in the period of pregnancy and lactation?
Â· You should not take TENVIR during pregnancy unless your doctor specifically told you this.
- Do not breastfeed during treatment with TENVIR due to the active substance is excreted in the mother milk.
- Driving and machine handling:
- Since that TENVIR can cause dizziness so if you have these symptoms , do not participate in traffic, or handle any vehicle or machines.
WHAT IS A RECOMMENDED DOSE?
- If you have difficulty swallowing a tablet, you can crush it and mix the contents with about 100 ml (half glass) of water or juice and drink immediately.
If you take more TENVIR than you should
- If you accidentally take more TENVIR tablets, you are at greater risk of developing side effects.
- Contact your doctor immediately.
If you forget to take TENVIR medication
- - It is important that you do not miss a dose. If you miss a dose, follow the following scheme:
- - If less than 12 hours have passed since the time you took your medicine, take the tablet as soon as possible, and then continue taking the next dose at the usual time.
- - If more than 12 hours have passed since you were given the medicine, ignore the missed dose.
- - If you happen to vomit after taking the tablet:
less than one hour after taking it, take a new tablet
- Â· more than one hour after taking it, you do not need to take a new tablet.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
- Stomach pain caused by pancreatitis
- Kidney inflammation
- Bone softening (accompanied by pain in bones and sometimes accompanied by fractures), which can occur due to damage to the renal tubules
- Mass liver
- Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, dizziness, skin rash
- Headache, abdominal pain, feeling tired, feeling flat, gases
- Muscle weakness, accompanied by pain and muscle weakness
Â· Muscle breakdown, softening of the bones, including bone pain and possible fractures