What is HCG injection?
- Human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG), the active ingredient in HCG is a hormone stimulates the production of sex hormones by gonads (ovaries and testicles).
WHEN IS HCG INDICATED FOR USE?
In women HCG injection is used:
• to induce ovulation, if indicated after a growth-stimulating treatment Graaf's follicles,
• to support the function of the corpus luteum in women who have its failure.
In men, HCG injection is used to treat:
• Cryptorchidism not due to anatomical reasons,
• Delayed puberty,
• Cryptorchidism and congenital lack of testis in children
WHEN THE THERAPY WITH HCG MUST BE AVOIDED?
• If there are tumors depending on the action of sex hormones,
• If there is excessive ovarian stimulation (hyperstimulation),
• If there is cryptorchidism due inguinal hernia, supra-testicular location of the testicles
BEFORE STARTING THE TREATMENT INFORM YOUR DOCTOR SUFFER FROM:
• Circulatory insufficiency,
• Heart disease,
• Kidney disorder
HOW HCG injection IS APPLIED?
The recommended dose is determined by gender, indication, and age
• To induce ovulation: a single intramuscular injection at a dose of
5000 IU up to 10000 IU HCG
• To support the function of the luteum: three intramuscular injections, e.g. a third one,
sixth and ninth day after ovulation,
• Cryptorchidism in boys under the age of 2 years and over 6 years: one intramuscular injection per week for a period of 5 weeks.
- From 3 to 6 years of age, 1,500 IU may be administered intramuscularly. HCG per week for 3 weeks.
- Delayed puberty: 1500 IU HCG 2 to 3 times a week intramuscularly by 3 months.
For diagnostic purposes
• Differential diagnosis of cryptorchidism and congenital lack of testis in children and assessment of testicular function
HCG is applied intramuscularly.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
Following the combined treatment of HMG / HCG injection or klomifen / HCG injection may occur
to overstimulate the ovaries. This is manifested by the formation of:
• Large ovarian cysts
• Accumulate fluid in the stomach and
• The occurrence of thromboembolic complications.
During treatment with Choragon 5000, side effects such as transient may occur
• Prolonged enlargement of the mammary glands,
• Enlargement of the prostate gland,
• Retention of water in the body,
• Enlarged penis size and spontaneous erections.
- Long-term administration of the HCG may lead to the formation of antibodies against HCG, which can cause a reduction in the effectiveness of treatment.