- GEFTINAT is used for the treatment of adult patients with nonepithelial carcinoma (lung cancer).
- GEFTINAT Iressa is not indicated in the population under 18 years of age.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TAKING GEFTINAT?
- Are allergic to gefitinib
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have or have had some lung disease before.
- Have ever had liver problems.
HOW TO USE GEFTINAT?
• The drug is applied every day approximately at the same time.
• GEFINAT can be used with food with or without food.
• Do not take antacids (medication taken to reduce the acidity of the stomach) two hours before, or an hour after taking the medicine.
• If you have problems swallowing the tablet, dissolve the whole tablet it in half of a glass water. And drink it when is completely dissolved within 20 Minutes
THE USE DURING PREGNANCY, LACTATION AND HANDLING VEHICLES:
-It is not recommended to use GEFTINAT during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
GEFTINAT has no or negligible influence on your ability to drive or use machines.
WHAT ARE KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS:
• Serious shortness of breath or lack of breath that suddenly worsens,
• Severe reactions to the skin like redness, pain, sores, blisters, and skin peeling.
• Severe diarrhea, vomiting, nausea
• Eye problems such as redness, eye suppression, sensitivity to light, or changes in vision
• Reactions to the skin such as acne, sometimes with itching and dry and/or cracked skin
• Dryness, redness, and pain in the mouth
• Dry, itching and redness of the eyes
• Hair loss
• Bleeding from the nose and blood in the urine
• Protein in urine
• Cystitis (burning sensation when urinating and a frequent, urgent need for urination)
• Inflammation of the liver, with or without jaundice
• Gastrointestinal perforation
• Inflammation of the blood vessels in the skin, which can lead to the appearance of bruises or rash on the skin that does not fade
• Hemorrhagic cystitis (burning sensation in urination and a frequent urgent need for urination, with a presence of blood in the urine).