WHAT IS ZECYTE?
- ZECYTE contains a medicine called abiraterone.
- It is used for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer in adult man.
- ZECYTE stops making testosterone in the body, which can slow the growth of cancer.
- This medicine is not intended for use in children and adolescents
WHEN NOT TAKE ZECYTE?
You should not take medicine if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to abiraterone
- Are a woman
- Have severe liver damage.
WHAT ARE WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS?
Inform your doctor before taking ZECYTE, if you have
- Liver problems
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure or irregular heartbeat
- If you have an irregular or fast heartbeat
- A lack of air
- Swelling of feet, ankles or legs
- Taking ketoconazole for the treatment of prostate cancer
OTHER MEDICINES AND ZECYTE?
Tell your doctor if you are taking the following medicines:
- For the treatment of heart rhythm problems (quinidine, amiodarone)
HOW IS ZECYTE TAKEN?
- This medicine should not be taken with food
- If you have sexual intercourse with a pregnant woman, use a condom to protect your unborn child.
- It is unlikely that this medicine will affect your ability to drive and use the vehicle
HOW TO USE ZECYTE?
- This medicine is taken orally, at least 2 hours after taking the food and do not eat anything at least 1 hour after taking ZECYTE
- Swallow the whole tablets whole with water and do not break the tablets.
- ZECYTE is taken with medicine prednisone, every day while taking ZECYTE
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
• Muscle weakness, muscle spasms or severe heart palpitations
• Water accumulation in the feet or feet, low blood potassium levels
• High blood pressure,
• Infection of the urinary tract,
• High levels of fat in the blood,
• Chest pain,
• Heart rhythm disorder, heart failure, accelerated pulse,
• Severe infections that are called sepsis,
• Bone fractures, poor digestion, blood in the urine, rash
• Adrenal glands disorders
• Muscle weakness and/or muscle pain
• Lung irritation (allergic alveolitis)
• Liver function failure (also known as acute liver failure).
• Cardiac arrest, changes in ECG electrocardiogram (prolongation of QT interval).
In men with cancer (carcinoma), the prostate can also lead to loss of bone mass.
Medicine ZECYTE in combination with prednisone or prednisolone may increase bone loss.