ABOUT XARELTO :
- XARELTO contains an active substance rivaroxaban and it is used in adults for:
- Prevention of blood clot formation in the veins after the surgery involving the artificial hip or artificial knee joint.
- Treatment of blood clots in the deep veins of the leg and in the blood vessels of the lungs
- Prevention of the recurrence of blood clots
- It is not recommended to use among the patients under the age of 18 years.
YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE XARELTO IF YOU:
- Are allergic to rivaroxaban
- Have an excessively bleeding
- Have a stomach ulcer, injuries or bleeding in the brain
- Recent surgery on the brain or eyes
- Are taking medicines like warfarin, dabigatran, apixaban or heparin),
- Have liver disease
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
WHAT ARE PRECAUTIONS AND WARNING?
Be especially careful with XARELTO if you have :
â€¢ A high risk of bleeding,
â€¢ Kidney disease,
â€¢ Bleeding disorders
â€¢ Very high blood pressure,
â€¢ Stomach or bowel diseases
â€¢ Lung diseases in which the bronchi are enlarged and filled with manure (bronchiectasis),
â€¢ Previous bleeding in the lungs.
â€¢ An artificial heart valve
THE INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINES?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, recently taken listed drugs:
â€¢ Some antiviral medicines for HIV
â€¢ Enoxaparin, clopidogrel, warfarin, and acenocoumarol
â€¢ Anti-inflammatory drugs
â€¢ Anti- depressives
â€¢ Anti-epileptic drugs (phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital)
THE USE DURING PREGNANCY, LACTATION AND HANDLING THE VEHICLES AND MACHINES:
- Do not take XARELTO if you are pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- XARELTO can cause fainting when you should avoid driving or operating machines.
HOW IS XARELTO USED?
â€¢ For the knee or artificial knee joint surgery the recommended dose is one tablet of 10 mg once daily.
â€¢ For the treatment and prevention of the blood clots in the veins of the leg and the lungs,, the recommended dose is either one tablet of 10 mg or 20 mg once a day orally, at the same.
If you have difficulty in swallowing the whole pill your tablet can be crushed and mixed with water or apple juice.
- For the artificial hip or artificial knee joint surgery, take the first tablet 6-10 hours after surgery.
- If you have a large hip operation, the tablets are usually taken for 5 weeks.
- If you have had large knee surgery, it is usually taken for 2 weeks.
WHAT SIDE EFFECTS CAN OCCUR?
The use of XARELTO can cause bleeding:
- In the stomach or intestines,
- In the urinary system
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding,
- From the nose
- From the lungs
- From the lungs
- From the skin or under the skin
- From a surgical wound
The use can also cause:
- Hematoma, bruises
- Swelling of the limbs
- Pain in limbs
- Damage to the kidney function
- Pain in the abdomen, nausea or vomiting, constipation, diarrhea
- Low blood pressure
- Weakness, headache, dizziness
- Rash, itching of the skin
- Allergic reactions,
- Damage to the liver function
- Irregular heart rate