ABOUT ENTAVIR TABLET
- ENTAVIR is an antiviral medicine used to treat chronic Hepatitis B virus infection in adults, children and adolescents from 2 years up to 18 years.
- Hepatitis B virus infection can lead to liver
damage. Entecavir reduces the amount of virus in your body and improves the liver condition.
- ENTAVIR can be prescribed for patients whose liver is damaged but still working sufficiently and in people whose liver is damaged and not working sufficiently.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking ENTAVIR
- if you are allergic to entecavir
- if you have ever had chronic hepatitis B treatment
- if you have ever had kidney problems
- if you are simultaneously infected with HIV
- ENTAVIR can cause lactic acidosis and liver enlargement, more common in women, especially if they are overweight.
- Take ENTAVIR once a day on an empty stomach.
- If your liver disease is at a very advanced stage, you will be instructed by your doctor to take
- ENTAVIR at least 2 hours after a meal or at least 2 hours before another meal.
- Children and adolescents (2 to 18 years of age) may take ENTAVIR with or without food
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, it is not reccomended to take ENTIVIR during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
DRIVING & USING MACHINES
Dizziness, fatigue, and sleepiness are common side effects that can impair your ability to drive and operate machinery. If you have any concerns, consult your doctor
RECOMMENDED ENTAVIR DOSAGE
- Your dose depends on if you:
- Have been treated for HBV infection
- Have kidney problems.
For children and adolescents (from 2 to under 18 years of age):
- Children weighing at least 32.6 kg may use 0.5 mg tablets or entecavir oral solution.
- For patients weighing more than 10 kg up to 32.5 kg, entecavir is recommended as an oral solution.
- For all types of dosing, that is the dose should be taken once daily orally.
- There are no recommendations for entecavir in
younger children 2 years or less than 10 kg.
- For children and adolescents (from 2 to less than 18 years of age), weighing at least 32.6 kg an ENTIVIR precribed dose is 0.5 mg.
MISSED DOSAGE ENTAVIR
- It is important that you do not miss a dose.
If you miss a dose of ENTAVIR take it as soon as possible and then return
to your regular usage schedule.
- If it almost does not take the missed dose. Wait and take your next dose at regular times.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Do not stop taking ENTAVIR without your doctor's advice
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF ENTAVIR:
Patients treated with entecavir reported the following side effects:
- Headache, insomnia, excessive fatigue, dizziness, somnolence,
- Vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion and elevated levels of liver enzymes in the blood.
- Rash, hair loss.