Table Of Contents:
- Azopt – Product Description
- Manufacturer Information
- Important Information
- Uses of Azopt Eye Drops
- What are the benefits of using Azopt Eye Drops?
- How to use Azopt Eye Drops?
- Steps to apply Azopt Eye Drops
- Azopt Side Effects
- Azopt Eye Drops FAQs
Azopt – Product DescriptionAzopt Eye Drops are eye-blood pressure-lowering & soothing medication drops. It is mostly prescribed to the patients suffering from open-angular glaucoma (i.e. high blood pressure in the eyes) & similar eye diseases like ocular hypertension.
Belonging to the class of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, this medicine is one of the best treatments for high blood pressure in the eyes.
Brinzolamide is the key ingredient of Azopt Eye Drops that works to lower down the blood pressure in the eyes. It works brilliantly to reduce the amount of fluid in the eyes & thus prevent any conditions that may lead to blindness of the patient.
Azopt Eye Drops are often referred to as Azopt Suspension too.
Manufacturer InformationAlcon Laboratories
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Brinzolamide
- Azopt is on-prescription eye drops. It should only be used as & when prescribed by the doctor
- Azopt Eye Drops may not be recommended depending on the patient’s physical conditions & allergy needs
- Tell your doctor if you’re using any eye drops already
- These eye drops should not be used by the patients below 18 years else serious negative impacts may occur
Uses of Azopt Eye DropsAs mentioned above, Azopt Eye Drops are mostly recommended for:
- Open-angular Glaucoma
- Ocular Hypertension
What are the benefits of using Azopt Eye Drops?Azopt Eye Drops are a brilliant solution to balance the fluid levels in the eyes, lower down the blood pressure levels & prevent blindness. Let’s see how it benefits during glaucoma & ocular hypertension.
- Benefits during Open-angular Glaucoma Open-angular glaucoma often leads to blindness. If not treated properly, the patient may suffer from a gradual loss of sight. When used as prescribed, Azopt Eye Drops decreases the high blood pressure levels in the eyes. Thus, eye-pressure is controlled & open-angular glaucoma is treated systematically.
- Benefits during Ocular Hypertension During ocular hypertension, the fluid levels increase in the eyes. The poor drainage of aqueous humor (eye-fluid) takes a high amount of pressure to build up. This fluid keeps getting accumulated without getting drained & thus leads to increased eye pressure. Ocular hypertension is considered as an eye disease that may lead to blindness.
When applied for ocular hypertension, Azopt balances & controls the fluid production by soothing the nerves & reducing the eye blood pressure levels. It is very beneficial so.
How to use Azopt Eye Drops?When Azopt Eye Drops is prescribed, your doctor will direct the steps to use.
Azopt is for external use only & is not for the use of children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
Before you start using this eye medication, make sure you’re not wearing soft contact lenses, eye-liner, fake eyelashes, mascara, or any of such eye-makeup products.
Steps to apply Azopt Eye Drops
- Wash your hands with soap & water
- Shake the eye drops bottle before use
- Lie down on a pillow, chair, or sofa where you can rest your head & tilt it slightly. Pull your lower eyelid downwards & hold the upper eyelid upwards
- Squeeze the dropper close to your eyes until a drop of medicine is released
- Rotate the inner corner of your eyes gently for the medicine to settle down with your eyes closed
- Keep your eyes closed for at least 5 minutes. You may choose to rest this way for around half an hour
- You may wash your eyes then & wear contact lenses after at least 15 minutes of applying the drops
- Wash your hands clean once the medicine is applied
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper else it might get contaminated
- Do not overdose the medicine & use it as & when prescribed by the doctor
Azopt Side EffectsAmong many possible Azopt Side Effects, here are some very common ones listed:
- Blurry vision
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Increase in the heartbeat
- Shortened breath
- Redness of the eye
Azopt Eye Drops FAQs
- Do I need a prescription to buy Azopt generic? Yes. It is important to buy Azopt eye drops only after being prescribed by the doctor. When you have a prescription, you have the ideal dosage for your eye problem.
- What is Azopt price? Depending on the manufacturer, Azopt price may vary. Ask your nearest medical store or check out the updated price on trusted medicinal websites.
- How long should I keep Azopt applied? The common effectiveness duration starts within 10-15 minutes after applying the eye drops. You may keep your eyes close for at least 20 to 30 minutes, if possible else you should ask this to your doctor for better guidance.
- Is Azopt generic available? No, there is no Azopt generic version available as a low-cost alternative to Azopt Eye Drops. Make sure that you consume genuine medicine. It is highly recommended to get your Azopt Eye Drops verified by the physician before using them.
- When should I not use Azopt eye drops? Depending on the patient’s physical conditions & allergies, the doctor may not prescribe Azopt. For instance, patients with Kidney & Liver problems, other existing eye problems, cardiovascular problems, etc should discuss with the doctor before starting to use the medicine.
- Is Azopt safe to use during pregnancy? If you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeed your infant, discuss this with your doctor first. Your doctor will guide you better on whether or not you should use Azopt during pregnancy & breastfeeding.
- What should I do if any of the side effects are observed after using Azopt? Consult the doctor immediately if any of the side effects are observed. In case, if you observe any unusual conditions then reach out to your doctor before it is too late.
- How frequently should I use Azopt? Depending on the severity of eye problems, the patient may be prescribed to apply Azopt once, twice, or thrice a day. Consult your doctor to know the right dosage for your eyes.
- What if I miss or skip any dosage of Azopt? Ask this to your doctor first as to what you should do if you miss or skip the dosage. Most patients continue with the next scheduled dosage in case if any dose is skipped or missed.
- When should I stop using Azopt eye drops? Azopt eye drops should be used for the duration prescribed by the doctor. The patient should not continue/stop using the eye drops without being instructed by the doctor.
- What care should be taken while using Azopt Eye Drops?
- Your hands should be clean
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper while using the solution
- Do not swallow or inject Azopt suspension solution
- Remove contact lenses, mascara & eye-makeup for safe use of the medicine
- When should I dispose of Azopt? Azopt eye drops should be used according to the prescription of the doctor. Once opened, the bottle can be disposed of after 4 weeks.