WHAT IS NODICT ?
- NODICT is a medicine used as part of a comprehensive treatment program for therapy of alcoholism, which is to reduce the risk of relapse.
- Nodict is used as a supportive treatment in abstinence and to reduce the desire for alcohol.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW BEFORE STARTING THE THERAPY?
DO NOT TAKE NODICT IF YOU:
- Are taking medicines containing opioids
- Are opioid addicts (without successful withdrawal treatment)
- Experience acute withdrawal symptoms (opioid-dependent patients)
- Have a positive urine test for opioids
- Experience withdrawal symptoms after naloxone injection
- Have liver problems or acute hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
- Have kidney problems
WHAT ARE RECOMMENDATION FOR USING NODICT DURING PREGNANCY, BREASTFEEDING AND OPERATING A VEHICLE?
- Your doctor must decide if you can take NODICT during pregnancy and breastfeeding, taking into account the potential risk to the mother and child.
- During the therapy, due to dizziness driving should be avoided.
HOW IS NODICT PRESCRIBED?
- Adults and elderly patients
- The usual dose is 1 tablet a day.
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age should not be treated with NODICT
What is the prescribed method of administration?
- NODICT should be are taken on an empty stomach with water.
- The duration of treatment with NODICT will be determined by your doctor. NODICT are usually taken for at least 3 months, and in some cases may need to be given medicine longer.
- If you take more NODIC Than you should inform your doctor, immediately.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Do not stop treatment without consulting your doctor.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
The following side effects may occur:
- Anxiety, insomnia, headache,
- Restlessness, nervousness,
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting,
- Joint pain and muscle weakness
- Accelerated heart rate, libido disorders,
- Thirst, dizziness,
- Chest pain, diarrhea, constipation, rash,
- Delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction,
- Increased energy, irritability,
- Cold sensation increased sweating,
- Mood disorders (affective disorders)
- Herpes of the mouth,
- Fungal disease of the feet,
- Lymph node disease,
- Hallucinations, depression, paranoia, disorientation, nightmares, restlessness, libido disorders
- Visual disturbances, irritability, and swelling of the eye, photophobia,
- Irregular blood pressure
- Voice disorders, coughing, shortness of breath, flatulence,
- Hemorrhoids, ulcer, dry mouth