Addiction can happen to anyone. What may start as recreational drug use, prescription drug misuse, or binge drinking, can quickly turn into addiction. Often the first step to recovery is realizing that someone needs help. With our product range you can quit any addictions easily.
Common signs of addiction and substance abuse include:
- Taking drugs/drinking for longer than intended or in larger amounts
- Craving or urges to use the substance
- Prioritizing drugs or alcohol and neglecting responsibilities or loved ones
- Continuing to use the substance even after experiencing negative consequences
- Developing a tolerance to the substance
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when the effects of the substance wears off
- Although someone may be exhibiting all these signs of addiction, many people do not get alcohol or drug addiction treatment because they are in denial or afraid to come forward. For some getting substance use disorder treatment requires a drug intervention or court-ordered rehab.
At Meds4care, we understand that asking for help is a big step, but we are here to guide you and your loved ones throughout the recovery journey.
- The good news is that you can quit, although it is a complicated process. There are many factors, physical, mental, emotional, and biological that make quitting difficult.1 This is why so many people find treatment helps to guide them through the complex process of quitting–although many people are successful quitting on their own.
- Addiction affects the frontal cortex of your brain in such a way as to alter your impulse control and judgment. The brain's reward system is also altered in such a way that the memory of previous rewards can trigger craving or increased “hunger” for drugs or rewarding experiences, in spite of negative consequences.2
- When you find yourself thinking, feeling, or acting in a particular way that goes against your decision to quit, you can be more compassionate with yourself, and keep trying.